The team at Mecha specialise in fixed plant mechanical solutions, servicing heavy industry including processing, marine, mining and manufacturing. Mecha delivers quality, professional workmanship with high attention to detail and a passion for customer service.
We have an opportunity for a dynamic, customer driven, locally based Paint & Blast Technician to join our innovative team. This role will provide essential support to the workshop with occasional requirements for onsite projects.
Ordinarily this will be a day shift Monday to Friday role however you may be required to work occasionally on a Saturdays or weekends when required to meet the needs of our valued customers.
· Experience with site specific and mine grade paint specifications (minimum 2 years)
· Excellence in paint application technique
· Confident in paint & blast of pipe spools, steel fabrications and general plant machinery
· Understanding and experience in high build epoxies and 2-pack polyurethanes
The successful applicant will:
· Maintain the highest commitment to health and safety
· Be reliable and punctual – references will be checked
· Have a positive attitude and a professional work ethic
· Be physically fit
· Be able to work both under instruction and be self-motivated to work independently
· Have a forklift ticket ( preferred )
· All staff must be able to pass pre-employment drug & alcohol screening as well as ongoing random testing.
This role is currently casual, however the opportunity to make this a permanent role will be available for the right candidate.
If you are looking for an ongoing opportunity this is the role for you! An immediate start is on offer pending successful interview and drug and alcohol & pre-employment
Please apply by emailing your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
We are seeking Scaffolders for upcoming works at various sites around the Gladstone, Emerald and Bowen Basin areas. The successful...Apply For This Job